In this family Bible study guide, Kevin Swanson introduces the book of Genesis, which contains the first three thousand years of world history. This is History 101. It is also the history that God thinks is important. While men were busy building their first proud empires, the God who created the universe is more interested in one solitary family wandering about the plains of Canaan, building altars and worshiping God as a family.
Family worship takes place when parents fulfill their Deuteronomy 6:7 and Ephesians 6:4 responsibilities, teaching the Word of God to their children as they sit in their house. This manual will provide the following Bible study helps for the study of the book of Genesis.
- An easy-to-memorize key theme for each chapter
- A brief summary of the events covered in the chapter
- An exposition of the chapter, giving the meaning in simple terms
- Relevant applications of the chapter for family life
- Content-related questions
- Penetrating application-oriented questions to stimulate family discussions
“The Bible is the core curriculum in the education of a child. If we provide our children excellent academic instruction in mathematics, science, and grammar, but neglect to teach them Genesis, Psalms, Proverbs, and the Gospels, we have failed in the education of our children.”