As I write this, I am struck by God’s goodness to us as an organization, but more so by the faithfulness of the parents who continue to raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Here are some highlights from 2011:
1. Generations with Vision (http://generationswithvision.com/) hosted their second Family Economics conference in NC in March to a sell-out crowd. Mike Cheney, my wife, and I were on hand to help run panel discussions and help with the event. Generations is hosting their third family economics conference in Mar 2012 near Chicago–there is still room left–go to http://familyeconomics2012.com/ for more details.
2. Mike Farris keynoted our Day at the Capitol event in April. We reinvented the activity and you responded! The new extravaganza included the Vision Heirs marching us around the Capitol and you wearing themed attire–you told us it was a hit!
3. In May, we had Homeschool Day at Elitch’s again and enjoyed the wonderful park with all the rides open. Next year, we have our first ever truly “exclusive” day for homeschoolers–come on out on Fri May 11th 2012 and enjoy less than 50% priced tickets with likeminded families!
4. We also held graduations in May for many graduates–an event milestone that is so important in the lives of our children as they move on to adulthood. We are planning them for the weekend of 18-19 May 2012–sign up now!
5. Our Rocky Mountain Super Conference on the family in June attracted nearly 4000 people from 12 states and welcomed (for free!) Parents of Preschoolers as they consider the educational choices for their children. This coming year we have Mike Smith (HSLDA.org) and Ken Ham (creation museum, Answers in Genesis) as well as Kevin Swanson keynoting. Come join the fun!
6. In July, we held our annual Golf Tournament fundraiser. Not only was the weather beautiful, but this is becoming very important to us as a fundraiser. We are already planning for it again this coming July–please sponsor a hole or donate to the event or even come and hit the little white ball with us.
7. In August, we sponsored the Bible Bee again and had more participants than ever! Even more exciting, we had more go to nationals than ever before. Look for it again in 2012!
8. In September, we held our second annual Homestead Bootcamp at Blessed Creek Farm near Fort Morgan. This year was a two day event with even more to learn. Look for a three-peat in 2012!
9. We hosted numerous Introductory and High School & Beyond Seminars in Parker, Colorado Springs, Grand Junction, and Alamosa! These are bread and butter events for us and we will press forward with many more in 2012.
10. In Nov, we hosted our first ever Ladies’ Tea in Colorado Springs. The speakers edified the audience and the event was very elegant. We hope to do more of these, so let us know more of what you would like to see.
11. Our bookstore and office in Parker remain open most weekdays. Curriculum, advice and encouragement are only a phone call away and we are pondering teaching classes in our bookstore in 2012. Look for more info on that soon.
12. We are planning our first ever AME (Apprenticeship-Mentorship-Entrepreneurship) conference in Denver in the second half of 2012. This will be nuts and bolts for families to reconsider the family economy–stay tuned!
13. We are planning another Father/Son Retreat in Sep 2012. This time, we’re probably staying on the Front Range and hope to have many hands-on activities–come on out and be encouraged and challenged with your sons. Watch the website of Facebook for more info.
14. We launched our new website (chec.org)! Hopefully, this facelift is more functional and appealing, although we continue to improve the details. Check out our online bookstore and remember, you can always give online. It is not too late for a 2011 tax-deductible donation!
I sincerely hope you have had a wonderful 2011 and pray God’s richest blessings on your 2012 as we disciple the next generation in service to the King of kings and Lord of lords.