Enter CHEC's contest by creating a home video to promote Day at the Capitol!
•$200 cash prize
•Your video should promote Day at the Capitol 2012 (e.g. date, location, details, etc.)
•The video needs to reflect the theme for this year: (Coming soon)
•Entries need to be submitted by March 31, 2012
•The winner will be announced April 6, 2012
•Winning video will be shown at DAC event and may be used for promotional purposes during the week before the event.
• One entry per person (each child in the family may enter). Create your video, post it on You Tube, Godtube, etc, (or you may mail a DVD or CD to the CHEC office) and then email your YouTube link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, phone number and email address where you would like to be contacted. (Snail mail: CHEC, ATTN: DAC Video Contest, 10461 South Parker Road, Parker, CO 80134.)
• Please make sure the content is appropriate for a Christian audience – please do not submit anything that would not be honoring to God. We are looking for quality videos – not fuzzy, shaking, etc. You Tube has a size limit of 2GB.
• Use your imagination in making the promo video! Use time period dress or modern dress, music, narration, or whatever will help you create a great video.
• Need some ideas? Have you seen the Everyday News Network? See http://www.visionforum.com/news/enn/. These are videos done by homeschoolers that can be used for inspiration. "Making a Lego Film" has some information on a video editor they found for free.
• No entry fee.
• A panel of judges will view the videos on originality of thought, style, adherence to the requirements and production quality.
• 3 minutes or less
• Posted on Youtube or mailed in on a DVD or CD.
• Must be on the theme (Coming soon)
• Must promote the 2014 Day at the Capitol
• CHEC may create an introduction for the winning video. No need to create any CHEC graphics. If logo’s appear incidentally that is acceptable, but no need to create graphics.
• The winner will need to send the video to the CHEC office on a CD or a DVD or flash drive within 3 days of winning, if originally submitted via YouTube.
• Complete and sign the Entry Form and Permission to Use Media form.
• No cross-fade transitions should be used when editing the video. This will allow CHEC to more efficiently add CHEC graphics to the video.
By submitting a video you:
1. Grant Christian Home Educators of Colorado the right to publish all or part of your submission.
2. Agree to all rules and the decisions of the judges and sponsors.
3. Agree to not use copyrighted music or other media without explicit permission by the owner.
4. Do not hold Christian Home Educators of Colorado responsible for any lost, damaged, misdirected, delayed, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due entries or mail.
Help for making a video
Learn more about using You Tube http://www.google.com/support/youtube/
Editing Videos http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/topic.py?topic=16561
Winning video may be shown at DAC event and used for promotional purposes during the weeks before the event.
Click here for Video Contest Entry Form and Permission to use Media form.