Christian Home Educators of Colorado is a 501c3 non-profit organizations where all donations are tax deductible. Since we are donations based, and not membership based, we rely heavily upon the generosity of donors who believe in our vision and mission:
We envision families honoring Jesus Christ by embracing home discipleship that is Christ-centered, parent-directed, and free from government control.
Christian Home Educators of Colorado motivates parents to disciple the next generation of Christians to impact our state and beyond for Christ and His Kingdom by providing information, leadership, and resources.
Please note that you may direct your donation to CHEC or other specific areas via the drop down menu.
All contributors of a least $50 per year are eligible for the following discounts: $15 off HSLDA membership, 15% off CHEC annual conferences, 10% off CHEC products. As an additional thank you, once contributors have reached each of the following annual amounts (calendar year), they will receive:
- $180: the above benefits, plus 50% off one item* in our CHEC Resource Center. (*subject to restrictions) plus a monthly ministry letter.
- $500: the above benefits, pus free admittance to CHEC's annual Super Conference and a free Generations book by Kevin Swanson.
- $1000: the above benefits, plus you and your spouse will be invited to a very special kickoff dinner before CHEC's annual Super Conference which includes our keynote speakers for the conference.
We have the following immediate needs:
- CHEC General Fund. We employ a part time staff to ensure our leased office and bookstore are open 5 days per week in Parker CO. Our expert staff answers the phones and provides guidance and assistance to veteran and novice homeschoolers. This free service is critical to thousands of Christian homeschoolers in the state of Colorado.
- AME. CHEC began a concept several years ago of Apprenticeship, Mentorship, and Entrepreneurship (ameprogram.net) to encourage alternatives to college. This has grown to national involvement and we have plans to expand the Newton Institute for the Reformation of Science and Engineering, but we need your help getting this off the ground. We have Ph.D. from national laboratories and college professors ready to take this to the next level.
- Casterline Fund. The Casterline Fund began years ago as a way to help widows and single moms. Each fall, we host a banquet to encourage these folks who are still homeschooling their children. We have been able to offer them assistance in curriculum and scholarships to conferences. We need your help to fulfill James 1:27!
- Golf Fundraiser. CHEC began a golf tournament in 2009 to include a successful silent auction introduced at the summer family conference. We hold this every year as a way for folks to enjoy the great outdoors, but also contribute to the vision and mission of CHEC. Your donations help us secure the venue, acquire products for the silent auction, run a golf tournament, and inspire some beyond our circles to consider supporting this ministry.
- Update magazine. Many of you may not be aware that we expend over $30,000 every year, free to our constituents, to provide you a high quality color quarterly magazine chock full of articles and content to encourage you to keep obeying the Lord in the raising of your children. This is the single biggest expenditure that we do not recoup our costs for each year. Every donation of $100 will put this magazine into 80 homes each quarter. A gift of $400 will put it into 320 homes for one issue alone. Please prayerfully consider supporting this aspect of our ministry to ensure we can continue to provide this high quality product.
Automatic Bank Drafts to CHEC
*To donate to CHEC monthly via ACH, mail us (1) a voided check with (2) the monthly donation amount filled in.
Please don't forget to pray for this important ministry!
Be a Stakeholder and give $50 per year to be eligible for the following discounts: 15% off of HSLDA membership, 15% off any of CHEC's annual conferences, and 10% off of CHEC's products.
Be a Founding Family and give just $15 per month ($180 per year). These families literally underwrite the development of CHEC's ministry and outreach. At this level, you receive all the benefits of the Stakeholder and a monthly letter from a Director of CHEC highlighting what is going on with the ministry and vision for the future.
Be a Pillar at the $500 per year level! You will receive all the benefits of a Founding Family, have the option of free admittance to the summer family conference, and may choose any Generations with Vision (Kevin Swanson) book.
Be a Cornerstone at the $1000 per year level! Along with the Pillar benefits, you and your spouse will be invited to a very special kickoff dinner before the summer family conference in June which includes our keynote speakers.
Other Ways to Support CHEC:
The eScrip Redemption Program Has Begun!
Christian Home Educators of Colorado can earn 10% of your purchase amounts on thousands of participating products from August 10 to September 13, 2011.
Here's how it works:
1. Register your Safeway Club Card at www.eScrip.com. Put "Christian Home Educators of Colorado" into the search box when you search by name, or use our group ID number: 154772678.
2. While shopping at Safeway between Aug. 10th and Sept. 13th, look for the yellow school bus tag on items you purchase. Items with the yellow school bus tag are participating items; there are 2,000 participating items this year!
3. Use your eScrip-registered Safeway Club Card to buy participating items and 10% of the price will go to Christian Home Educators of Colorado. Between Sept. 19th and Oct. 13th, look for a redemption code that will print on your receipt. You will then be able to enter your redemption code on eScrip's website, or turn in your receipts directly to CHEC to redeem.
5% Back to Schools Program with Office Depot
School Name: Christian Home Educators of Colorado
Help our school earn FREE SUPPLIES!
Our school will earn credits equal to 5% of your qualifying school supply purchases* to use for FREE supplies. You can credit the school year round! Every time you shop at Office Depot, remember to give our school ID#.
*Limited to Pre-K-12th grade. 5% of qualifying school supply purchases made during each program period will be offered to the participating school designated by each customer quarterly in the form of an Office Depot® Merchandise Card. Qualifying purchases are categorized as basic school supplies, i.e., notebook paper, pens, ___ pencils, crayons etc. Products that do not qualify are all technology and consumer electronic products and accessories, media and software that is not education or reference related; all furniture items and furniture accessories; all ink and toner cartridges; Gift Cards; postage stamps; purchases from Design, Print & Ship and purchases made to contract business accounts. Credits are not available to schools with less than $10 in tallied credits per quarter. Unaccepted/declined credits are void. Other restrictions apply, visit your local Office Depot® for details. Office Depot® will honor up to $10 million in total credits to the designated schools that opt to participate.
Supporting CHEC with Campbell's Soup Labels
Help CHEC earn supplies by sending in your Campbell's Soup labels! All Campbell's products qualify, as well as Pepperidge Farms, Prego, V8, and more. You can visit www.labelsforeducation.com for more information about qualifying labels! Please send your labels to:
10461 South Parker Rd.
Parker, CO 80134
Supporting CHEC with Box Tops
How do I start earning money for CHEC with Box Tops for Education?
- Clipping Box Tops from participating products
- Box Tops Booster Club and Marketplace
- Box Tops VISA card
Where can I find a list of Box Tops participating products?
Clip coupons from hundreds of General Mills products found throughout you local grocery store. Each coupon is worth 10 cents for CHEC. For a current list of participating products, visit www.boxtops4education.com
How does the Booster Club program work?
Go to www.boxtops4education.com to sign up for your free membership. Choose Christian Home Educators of Colorado in Parker, CO as your school to support. Your benefits include monthly coupons, recipes, book and movie reviews. CHEC gets bonus box tops for every 25 new members. An exclusive benefit of the Box Tops for Education Booster Club, the Box Tops Marketplace allows any Booster Club member to earn cash for CHEC when you shop on-line.
Tell me more about Box Tops Marketplace
Once you are a Booster Club member, you can visit the Box Tops Marketplace website, and click a link from there to over 200 quality online merchants. When you enter the online merchant's website through the Box Tops Marketplace, CHEC receives up to 8% of each qualifying purchase you make at no additional cost to you. For a complete and current list visit: www.boxtops4education.com/shop/index.asp#
How does the Box Tops VISA work?
Apply for and use this NO ANNUAL FEE charge card to earn yet more cash for CHEC. A full 1% of every credit card purchase made with the Box Tops Visa is donated to CHEC. You may already use a card that earns mileage or other rebates so you know the value of such a card. Apply on-line (after you are a Booster Club member) at www.boxtops4education.com/how/apply.asp.
Make www.boxtops4education.com a 'favorites' on your computer!
Please send your box tops to:
10461 South Parker Rd.
Parker, CO 80134
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for further help.